[Odrl-version2] ODRL Version 2.0 - XML Encoding

Michael Steidl (IPTC) mdirector at iptc.org
Wed Oct 27 03:47:16 EST 2010

Just to add to the differences between CURIEs and QCodes:

* CURIES are simply an abbreviation of URIs, so one could do this:

pref1=http://www.example.org/special/codes/vocab123/
CURIE = pref1:code4711

pref2=http://www.example.org/special/codes/
CURIE = pref2:vocab123/code4711

Thus: two CURIEs for the same URI.

* while for QCodes there is always an identifying URI for the scheme, and
the code of the concept is appended to it to make the URI for the concept,
like the "pref1" example above.

Thus: always only one QCode for a concept URI.

Michael