[Odrl-version2] Exclusivity and Constraints

ri at odrl.net ri at odrl.net
Wed Oct 27 17:43:08 EST 2010

Hi all - I am working on a use case for PLUS [1] in which the exclusivity is related to a number of constraints.

Have a look at this (unfinished) example:
   http://odrl.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=The+Vichy+Vodka+in+XML

There is an action with 9 constraints, and a ensureExclusivity Duty for only 3 of those constraints.

Questions:

1 - We have defined ensureExclusivity as "ensure the Permission on the asset is unique to the Assignee" - should we be more specific and say "ensure the *Action* on the asset is unique to the Assignee"?
(otherwise, in this use case, there is no exclusivity over the dateTime, for example)

2 - Does the XML encoding make sense?

2b - Is there a nice way to  link the constraints in the Duty with the ones in the Permission (as they are the same?)

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net