[Odrl-version2] ODRL Version 2.0 - XML Encoding

Myles, Stuart SMyles at ap.org
Tue Oct 26 23:08:12 EST 2010

> The RDFa spec uses CURIES, which are "similar" to Qnames, and provide
some processing notes:
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#s_curieprocessing

Yes - I believe that IPTC's QCodes are similar to RDFa's CURIEs.  One
obvious difference, of course, is that you don't need to put the QCode
inside square brackets, whereas CURIEs do require them.  This is how
they solve the ambiguity problem that Michael referred to for fields
that can contain either a URI or a QNAME - CURIEs adopt a different
syntax.

For example, this is a URI

mailto:smyles at example.com

This is a CURIE

[mailto:smyles at example.com]

IPTC's standards avoid the ambiguity problem by declaring each field to
*either* contain a URI *or* a QCodes, so there is no ambiguity when you
parse "prefix:suffix".

Regards,

Stuart