[Odrl-version2] ODRL Version 2.0 - XML Encoding

ri at odrl.net ri at odrl.net
Tue Oct 26 12:55:22 EST 2010

On 25 Oct 2010, at 23:20, Michael Steidl (IPTC) wrote:

> 3) By your rule below: as this prefix cannot be resolved using the namespace
> declarations the string has to be a URI. Conclusion correct?

Sure...if it also conforms to the syntax for http URIs (eg ""http:" "//" host [ ":" port ] [ abs_path [ "?" query ]]")

And also check for other URI schemes: http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes.html

I am not sure if it is an error/forbidden/bad-practice to define an XML namespace prefix as the same as a URI scheme name?

The RDFa spec uses CURIES, which are "similar" to Qnames, and provide some processing notes:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#s_curieprocessing

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative