[Odrl-version2] Request / response handling

ri at odrl.net ri at odrl.net
Fri Nov 12 18:26:26 EST 2010

On 12 Nov 2010, at 02:12, David Martin wrote:

> It struck us that, while the model clearly works well for a request, it wasn't so clear how the next stages would work.  A request should be followed by a response.  A positive response could presumably be an Offer?  What about a negative response?  And following an Offer, the requester might accept (with an Agreement?), or refuse (how?).

Hi David - We decided (a while back!) to move towards a "simpler" ODRL Model - which meant we removed much of the stuff not core to rights expression.

For example, if you look at the Model in the 4th May 2006 WD [1], you can see the Communications entity (with Accept/Reject attributes).

We would be happy for someone to write a Profile for this Business process - and even put a small bit in the "Experimental Features" of the current Model.

Also, Alapan has written extensively on this topic [2].

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net