[Odrl-version2] Request / response handling

David Martin david at polecat.dircon.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 03:12:26 EST 2010

Renato,

Although it's not central to our immediate concerns, Francis and I have
been briefly discussing the request example on the ODRL website.
Requests for specific one-off permissions could be a future part of ONIX
messaging.

It struck us that, while the model clearly works well for a request, it
wasn't so clear how the next stages would work.  A request should be
followed by a response.  A positive response could presumably be an
Offer?  What about a negative response?  And following an Offer, the
requester might accept (with an Agreement?), or refuse (how?).

Have you considered extending the example to show one or more subsequent
stages?

David
--
David Martin