[Odrl-version2] Assignee / Assignees - new possible solution

ri at odrl.net ri at odrl.net
Wed Mar 31 11:30:55 EST 2010

On 30 Mar 2010, at 03:49, Myles, Stuart wrote:

> It would be helpful to explain a bit more about what situation we're trying to model here with the distinction between Assignee and Assignees.

We documented this issue [1].

> For example, are we trying to allow an action to be granted to any one member of an organization (as opposed to all members)?  If so, then perhaps this is better modeled as a constraint (such as "at most one use")?

The key issue comes into play when you look at Constraints with a Permission.

If uid:3433433 is a single party, then "Print 5 times" is clear.
If uid:3433433 is a group party, then "Print 5 times" is not so clear. Can each member of the group print 5 times? or is it 5 prints total?

We made the new distinction (asignees) to make it clear that ALL members of the group get the same rights.

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net