[Odrl-version2] Assignee / Assignees - new possible solution

Myles, Stuart SMyles at ap.org
Tue Mar 30 04:49:06 EST 2010

It would be helpful to explain a bit more about what situation we're trying to model here with the distinction between Assignee and Assignees.

For example, are we trying to allow an action to be granted to any one member of an organization (as opposed to all members)?  If so, then perhaps this is better modeled as a constraint (such as "at most one use")?

ODRL doesn't currently allow you to specify anything about the nature of the Parties.  The role/scope properties would be a step towards that - and maybe that is a good thing.  I'm suggesting that we clarify what we're trying to model first.

Regards,

Stuart