[Odrl-version2] ODRL meets Social Networks

ri at odrl.net ri at odrl.net
Wed Mar 10 17:40:52 EST 2010

Dear all - after some research/analysis of the typical "Permissions" expressed used by Social Networks [1] [2], I have been thinking of the support needed in the ODRL Common Vocabulary.

Typically, most of the expressions are constraining access to people (and groups of people)

That is:
 - Only You
 - Everyone
 - Individual Friends (and NOT individual friends)
 - All Friends (1st level connections)
 - All Friends of Friends (2nd level connections)
 - All Groups
 - Some Groups (and NOT some groups)

The big question is if there are *new* semantics we need to add, or can we support this now (in V2.0)

If the former, are we looking at new Constraints, or should we review how we deal with Parties and extend them to deal with these new concepts?

Looking forward to all your views....

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative