[Odrl-version2] Common Vocabulary - Constraints on Duties

ri at odrl.net ri at odrl.net
Wed Jun 15 22:29:23 EST 2011

On 15 Jun 2011, at 01:03, Francis Cave wrote:

> But in that case, what does 'count' mean when applied to a Duty Action such as 'obtainConsent'? If it means the number of times that the Action is performed, that would imply that the Duty Action must be performed once. But "once" is meaningless unless one is certain what the denominator is. Is it "once ever", "once per Action", "once per day", "once per recipient of the copy"?

If you added a Count constraint to a Duty, then that would indicate the number of times it (the action) must be performed before getting access to the Permission. The default is 1.

So, if you had a "Duty.Action.obtainConsent" with "Constraint.Count.Eq.5", then you must "obtainConsent" 5 times before getting the Permission. (which may not make much sense....but thats what u need to do)

> I'm not suggesting that the Common Vocabulary has to accommodate all cases, but I think we should understand what cases ARE accommodated. It seems to me that the current text is not sufficiently clear.

We do need to add more text....

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative