[Odrl-version2] Dates and times in constraints

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Tue Jan 11 06:03:33 EST 2011

Following discussion in Namur, the Common Vocabulary now states that a
dateTime should conform to ISO 8601 as represented in W3C XML Schema. Stuart
Myles has suggested to me that in the ACAP profile we should consider
constraining this further so that date-times conform to
http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime, i.e. making on the following forms
valid:

YYYY-MM-DD for dates

YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS±HH:MM for date-times

[In case this is garbled by your email reader, that’s a plus-minus between
‘SS’ and ‘HH’].

It may be that this additional constraint won’t make sense for the Common
Vocabulary, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Francis Cave