[Odrl-version2] ODRL Version 2.0 - XML Encoding

ri at odrl.net ri at odrl.net
Mon Oct 25 11:36:15 EST 2010

On 23 Oct 2010, at 05:19, Myles, Stuart wrote:

> Also, I notice that there are several urn's sprinkled throughout the
> encoding, e.g.
>
> <o:asset uid="urn:asset:9898"/>`
>
> But isn't there a formal mechanism that is required to register a URN
> (i.e. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2611.txt)?  Were these URNs intended to
> be compact URIs?  I couldn't find a discussion of URNs in the ODRL XML
> Encoding document (but maybe I just missed it?)

Stuart - the UIDs used for Assets and Party Roles are all "hypothetical" identifiers.
(since these are external resources that users/owners will be defining/using)

Since example.com is a reserved domain [1] for such examples, I may change them all over
to urn:example.com:asset:XX and urn:example.com:party:YY

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net