[Odrl-version2] Some comments concerning Assigner/Assignee

Helge Hundacker hundacker at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Mar 3 02:41:13 EST 2010

Hello,

> For the party XML syntax, perhaps we can allow both by adding
> role to idref as well.
> For example:
>
>   <o:party xml:idref="P1" role="http://odrl.net/2.0/role/assigner/" />
>
> And P1 can then describe the Party separate from the role...

I'm not an XML expert, but isn't the semantics of this statement nearly the same like in the old notification?
Arn't attributes global? I think, if a tool will interpete that statemant, this means, that the role is bound to the id, which then will mean, that the party knows as "P1" is always an assigner. But maybe I'm wrong.

Greets, Helge