[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

disregard previous

My last message was sent in error. Please disregard
and consider Wayne's backward link example as an
answer to the last question in the message I sent
before the previous one.

Indeed, we can imagine a service which collects these backward links
in a single annotation set. On average we would then have maybe 20
annotations per page, but up to 4000 (which then poses some user
interface problems). Such a set would contain a huge number of
annotations, although it is not clear whether the request load on this
set would be equally gigantic since for this kind of information
people are probably more likely to do inspection requests in specific
cases rather than have it turned on all the time (the latter ones will
cause the request traffic on the web in general go up by a constant
factor of some order like 10, 15(?)).  Cheers, - Martin