[Odrl-version2] Common Vocabulary - Constraints on Duties

Alapan alapan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 06:12:30 EST 2011

Hi Francis,

The interpretation comment holds regardless of the position of the rights
consumer in the value chain - in your case, the intermediary.

There are two places to build the precedence rules - as part of the rule
specification language or as part of the interpretation engine. If it is
part of the rule specification language, there is a lot of standardisation -
but there is a reduction in flexibility. ACAP may want ver 1 of the
precedence rules, OMA may want another version. If the the precedence rules
are built as part of the interpretation engine (or in the case of ACAP, as
part of the profile) then there is standardisation within the framework or
profile - but does not guarantee the same functionional output between
different implementations.

Personally, I favour the second approach, but there may be a case to define
certain precedence rules etc. as part of the core language.

Regards,
Alapan

Blog: http://idiots-mind.blogspot.com/
Life's a gamble - take a chance