[Odrl-version2] Dates and times in constraints

Myles, Stuart SMyles at ap.org
Tue Feb 22 06:16:30 EST 2011

Ø  We can say that we "strongly recommend the use of timezones when times are specified in dateTime"....

Makes sense to me...

Ø  BTW, the only use case I can think of is if I sell you the world-wide rights to play "Auld Lang Syne" after 2011-12-31T23:59:59 :-)

I'll take it! (If not too expensive).

Regards,

Stuart

I am not opposed to having the ODRL core model allow for floating times, if there's a use case. And, as we've already said, we can always rely on profiles of ODRL to tighten the requirements for making timezone offsets required, as needed.

We can say that we "strongly recommend the use of timezones when times are specified in dateTime"....

BTW, the only use case I can think of is if I sell you the world-wide rights to play "Auld Lang Syne" after 2011-12-31T23:59:59 :-)

Cheers

Renato Iannella

ODRL Initiative

http://odrl.net

The information contained in this communication is intended for the use
of the designated recipients named above. If the reader of this
communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this communication in error, and that any review,
notify The Associated Press immediately by telephone at +1-212-621-1898
and delete this e-mail. Thank you.
[IP_US_DISC]
msk dccc60c6d2c3a6438f0cf467d9a4938