[Odrl-version2] Dates and times in constraints

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Wed Feb 2 21:29:12 EST 2011

Hi Renato

The reason why Stuart proposed restricting date-time formats to comply with
the W3C Note doesn't arise from any ACAP-specific concerns. I believe his
concern - Stuart will confirm - is that in a global market for content it is
frequently vital to know the time-zone in which a date-time restriction
applies, and this can only be expressed by including the time-zone offset
value.

If there is a case for allowing date-time constraints to be interpreted
according to the local time-zone of the user, the Common Vocabulary should
probably stick with its current, broader definition of dateTime. If there is
no such case, then yes, I would propose adding this further restriction to
the Common Vocabulary.

Regards,

Francis