[Odrl-version2] A naive question...

Alapan alapan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 18:52:51 EST 2010

There is a subtle difference, if you think of this from an "access control"
perspective. For any access control system, there are three ways to handle
rules - allow everything with denying specifics (blacklist), deny everything
with allowing specifics (whitelist) or a combination of a whitelist and a
blacklist with special rules for the "greylist".

The permission construct allows for whitelist, the prohibition construct
allows for "blacklist" and the combination of permissions and prohibitions
in the same license allows for the greylist scenario.

Alapan
Blog: http://idiots-mind.blogspot.com/
Life's a gamble - take a chance