[Odrl-version2] Version 2.0 Maturity Plan

ri at odrl.net ri at odrl.net
Tue Nov 2 23:54:53 EST 2010

Hi all - with the publication of the "Oct 2010" documents - that is "10/10" for our 10th Anniversary - we are getting "close" to consensus covering:

 - ODRL V2.0 Model [1]
 - ODRL V2.0 Common Vocabulary [2]
 - ODRL V2.-0 XML Encoding [3]

We need to plan the maturity levels of these documents as outlined in our Process Document [4].

My proposal is that we:
1 - Mature the Model to "Specification" in December 2010
2 - Mature the Common Vocabulary to "Draft Specification" in Feb 2011
3 - Mature the XML Encoding to "Draft Specification" in Feb 2011

These dates are "rough" and are meant to give an indication of the major next milestones.
As well, they are a "heads-up" to the ODRL community and beyond to provide feedback and comments on the current documents.

My question to the WG; is this a sensible plan and are there any other options or alternatives we should explore?

For example, should we just do 2) and 3) and then wait to make them all Specifications at the same time?

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net