[Odrl-version2] Updated V2 - Model

Jonas Zitz jzitz at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Jun 2 16:30:14 EST 2010

Am 02.06.2010 02:46, schrieb ri at odrl.net:
> On 1 Jun 2010, at 00:43, Jonas Zitz wrote:
>

>> i think in that version of the core model there's missing a link between "Party" and "Asset" - the "Rightsholder"-relation.
>>
> We recently dropped the rightsholder relation:
>
>    http://odrl.net/pipermail/odrl-version2_odrl.net/2010-February/000098.html

Okay, thanks for that link. With the dublin core vocabulary instead of
the "Rightsholder" i agree.

>> And the other thing: Isn't there missing an arrow from "Party" to "Permission" (and all the other classes which party links to with the association class "Role" attached)?
>>
> Are you saying the 3 associations (between Party to Perm/Prohibit/Duty) should be bi-directional?

Yes, i think they should be bi-directional (or instead nondirectional).
I think both these both relations are possible:
- The Permission is given (or granted) by a Party (even the Rightsholder).
- The party grants that Permission. (Or in according to the acutal
core-model: Some Party could be the Assigner of any Permission)

I think the function-attribute of Role (even "Assigner"/"Assignee")
forces the link-direction of Party between Permission/Prohibit/Duty.

Or is there a reason for the left out Party-to-Permission/Prohibit/Duty
relation?

Cheers, Jonas Zitz