[Odrl-version2] Proposal: Multiple Actions

ri at odrl.net ri at odrl.net
Wed Aug 4 10:52:00 EST 2010

On 4 Aug 2010, at 01:45, Daniel Pähler wrote:

>  This fact can also be seen when trying to model
> this condition in UML: as far as I can tell, this could only be modelled by
> creating two subclasses of Permission. Till now though, the Core Model works
> without the "subclass-of" relation.

I was thinking of not changing the model, but specifying this rule in the text.

> The advantage of having to write a little less XML code is not that useful in
> our eyes, since ODRL licenses are hardly ever handwritten in practical use
> cases.

True, but I am also thinking of the RDFa/Microdata communities who would baulk at having to "see" so much extra stuff embedded in a web page.

And (some) people will *read* XML as this is one of its advantages...

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net