Re: [DOMCore] Making event initializing easier

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:25:45 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> If we indeed introduce objects into our APIs and I start to think that
> would make sense I think the simplest approach that could possibly work
> here is to overload initEvent(). In addition to its three argument
> version it would get a version that accepts just one argument, an
> object. From this object property values are queried to set values on
> the event. E.g.
>
>    var e = document.createEvent("CustomEvent")
>    e.initEvent({"type":"custom", "details":{"hello":"world"}})
>    document.dispatchEvent(e)

https://bitbucket.org/ms2ger/dom-core/changeset/b9bb17789db9 is the
specification text for this. I suspect it will propagate to the editors'
drafts soon.

Instead of overloading initEvent() I went with a new method init() based
on a suggestion from Olli.

So for each new event interface we define (and hopefully some of the
recently-added ones too) the init*Event() is not to be included and
instead a dictionary that inherits from InitEvent is to be included, as
well as how that dictionary maps to the event, as illustrated in DOM Core.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/